Information Technology Services has finished migrating to Office 365. All ITS staff are now using Office 365 for our email and calendar. All of our student workers are using the new Office 365 as well. We are happy to report that everything is working great!
As we prepare to migrate those individuals that volunteered to be early adopters, we are working on documentation as well as the schedule for migrating all of campus. We have the web site (http://www.washburn.edu/a-z-index/its/email-calendar) where we will be posting documentation, migration schedule, pre-migration, and post migration steps. We will also be announcing drop in sessions for question and answer one-on-one sessions.
A few items to remind you about that are also listed on the web site (http://www.washburn.edu/a-z-index/its/email-calendar/prepare-migration.html) include:
- Delete any unneeded mail – Delete any email you do not need to keep. This will help your migration go faster.
- Trash Folder — Empty your trash and keep it empty. The trash, deleted, and deleted items folders will not be migrated to the new system. If you need assistance checking your Trash folder settings to make sure that messages are being purged, please contact 785-670-3000 or email email@example.com. If you are using the Trash folder as a “staging area” for email prioritization, you will need to come up with a different folder to use for that purpose.
- Folder names — Remove any special characters from folder names to ensure a smooth transfer. Special characters include: !@#$%^&*
- Large messages/attachments — Large messages greater than 25 MB may not easily migrate to the new system, so be sure to download any attachments you need to keep. Thunderbird will allow you to search for messages by size. MyWashburn webmail will allow messages to be displayed by size which can help locating large files. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-670-3000 if you need assistance.
- Save any .exe attachments — The new email system will not accept email attachments with executable files (even if they are zipped), so be sure to save any .exe files before your migration.
Please watch the web site and email announcements for additional information. Any questions or concerns, please contact ITS User Services at 785-670-3000 or via email email@example.com.