In April, we posted a notice of a new feature Microsoft was rolling out called Clutter. The purpose of Clutter was to help clean up your mailbox. Microsoft was going to roll out this feature to all Office 365 customers in a random manner. We have started receiving reports that Clutter is being enabled for some people. Some ITS staff have also had it turned on and noticed messages going to another folder called Clutter.
If you notice that messages are not showing up in your inbox, check to see if there is a folder called Clutter. If you like the messages that are being moved to that folder then you do not need to do anything. If you wish to turn off this feature and instead of your email delivered to your inbox, the steps below will help you to turn off this feature.
- You need to turn off (or on) Clutter in Outlook Web App which can be done by accessing http://outlook.washburn.edu.
- At the top right corner of the page, go to Settings .
- On the left will be listed Mail > Automatic processing > Clutter.
- To turn off this feature, unselect “Separate items identified as clutter”.
- Click Save at the top of the screen.
This will turn off this feature so that messages are not separated out from your inbox automatically by Microsoft. Additional information about Clutter, as well as to enable or disable, can be found on the Microsoft Clutter website.
Messages in the Clutter folder will remain until they are deleted or removed.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact ITS User Services at 785-670-3000 or by sending email to email@example.com.