I hope you’ve had a chance to visit and browse around the new website for Washburn University. This is a great step in enhancing our online presence and engaging our community as well as those we hope will join our community. Below are some of the features of the new website taken from a news release written by Amanda Hughes.
- A consistent and professional design for all areas featuring new imagery. The Cascade Content Management System (CMS) provides a framework for managing the brand across the website, while allowing individuals to publish specialized content.
- A new “Meet Our Faculty” area allows students to get to know more about the Washburn faculty reflecting Washburn’s commitment to student engagement with faculty taught courses and other faculty lead opportunities, such as service and research.
- The new interactive virtual tour gives insight into Washburn University and not only covers academics, but includes student activities, campus life, and athletics through an interactive map, pictures and videos.
- Highlighted are six messages, with accompanying videos, which speak to realizing your dreams through quality, affordable education at Washburn.
- A number of new tools have been added to include a comprehensive calendar of events and news services from across campus.
- In addition, schools and departments can personalize the displayed news and events on their web pages which are relevant to their specific audience.
- The use of social media has been adopted to better promote campus programs and allow faculty, staff and students to share information with their friends and colleagues.
- With the growing use of mobile devices, Washburn employed a “responsive” design for the new website enabling the effective use of smart phones and tablets as well as laptop and desktop computers.