Are there computers available for student use in the Financial Aid Office?
Yes. There are computers available in Morgan Hall in first floor hallway between the Student One Stop and the Cashiers’ window. Students may use the computers to complete any of the financial aid process, including:
- filling out the FAFSA
- completing the Master Promissory Note
- completing entrance counseling and other processes
How do I know if the Financial Aid Office needs additional information from me?
There are three ways to know if the Financial Aid office needs information from you:
- Letter in the mail requesting additional information
- Email requesting additional information
- MyWashburn under the Financial Services tab under “Financial Aid Requirements”
Who should I talk to about any problems or other questions I have regarding my financial aid?
Please contact the Financial Aid Office at 785.670.1151, firstname.lastname@example.org or come in to the Student One Stop in Morgan Hall.
How long does the financial aid process take?
Early Applicants (e.g. students who apply BEFORE February 15): Early applications are held in application date order until the eligibility and awarding process is implemented.
Late Applicants (e.g. Students who apply AFTER February 15): If you apply after the February 15 priority deadline, it generally takes around 2-3 weeks from the time you submit a FAFSA until an award letter is ready.
- Because every student’s situation is different, processing time will vary. A few of the factors that can affect processing time are:
- if a student is selected for verification
- how quickly all requested documents are submitted to our office
- when the FAFSA was originally submitted
In order to ensure your aid is finalized and available to release by the first disbursement date check your MyWashurn account frequently. Although the Financial Aid Office will try to keep in touch with you, it is your responsibility and very important that you make sure all documents are submitted in a timely manner and that your file is both accurate and complete.
How do I find out how much aid I am awarded?
- Login to MyWashburn
- Select the “Financial Services” tab
- Select the “Financial Aid Awards” link in the far left column
- Select the correct aid year and submit.
- Select the “Terms and Conditions” tab – All students must read and accept the terms and conditions before accepting your financial aid.
- Select the “Accept Award Offer” tab to accept/decline award.