(This list is not all-inclusive. It only shows those changes that will impact faculty the most. The date the updates will take place changes from month to month. You can expect the following updates to be in place by the end of the month.)
Content – Organizational Shared files
Instructors can now view and add files from the Shared Files area when using the Upload/Create button and choosing Add from Manage Files. If instructors try to edit a file in the Shared Files area, they are prompted to save a copy of the file in the Course Offering Files area.
Intelligent Agents – Tool Improvements
- A new history page allows users creating Intelligent Agents to see each time the agent runs, which users it identifies, what emails have been sent, and details on any errors that occurred during the agent run. You can view this page by clicking View History on the Edit Agent It is also available from the context menu of the agent on the Agent List page. You can view the history of the most recently executed run directly from Results of Last Run in the agent list. This lists how many users were identified, and/or error information.
- A new mode for running Intelligent Agents allows users to select Practice Run from the agent context menu on the Agent List This runs the agent, and reports back a list of users who met the specified criteria. Users identified in a practice run are not notified or emailed. A practice run does not count as an action when using the Take action only the first time the agent’s criteria are satisfied for a user type of agent. As with existing Intelligent Agents, the agent must be turned on to trigger a practice run. In conjunction with the new history page, users can also now see the history of all practice runs.
- In Intelligent Agents Settings, instructors can now set custom values for the Name that emails come from and Reply-To address for responses so that the automated emails can appear to come from the instructor instead of from a helpdesk. Learners can reply directly to the agent emails and replies are directed to the instructor. If instructors want their emails to continue to come from a helpdesk and do not want to have a reply-to function, they don’t have to take any action to maintain the existing behaviour. The course values for Name that emails come from and Reply-To address for responses are not copied during copy course components and instructors need to update these fields post-copy.
When an instructor uses custom values, the Name that emails come from displays to learners as the person from whom the email is sent, both in the email header and in Messages alerts in the minibar. When learners reply to an email, responses route to the email address specified in Reply-To address for responses.
- There is no longer a 4000-character limit on email text from Intelligent Agents. This is now unlimited.
- The Agent Name field in an Intelligent Agent previously truncated to 50 characters. It now has an available length of 128 characters.
- Existing Intelligent Agents without any conditions attached to them (“empty” agents) no longer run and spam all users. When an empty agent is triggered, it fails with an error and is automatically turned off. This error info is available on the history page.
- Users can now copy Intelligent Agents within the same course from a new context menu item for each agent listed in the Agent List. The copy is called “Copy of <name>” and is turned off by default.