A version of the Respondus LockDown Browser is available for the iPad. An instructor that requires the LockDown Browser for a quiz can choose to allow students to take it on an iPad. A quiz requiring Respondus Monitor (which requires use of the LockDown Browser) can also be released to be taken on an iPad.
The Respondus LockDown Browser app for the iPad can be downloaded here from Apple iTunes. Once the LockDown Browser app has been downloaded and installed:
- Enable iPad’s “Guided Access” by selecting iPad > Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access. Turn on Guided Access and set a passcode (you need to remember this passcode to exit Guided Access after an exam). The setup for Guided Access only needs to be done once.
- Start the LockDown Browser app.
- The first time the app is used, you will be prompted to select your institution and server. (If you later need to change the institution or server, select the settings icon on the LockDown Browser toolbar.)
- Triple-press the iPad home button to start Guided Access and enter LockDown Browser.
- After completing the exam, triple-press the home button and enter the passcode to exit Guided Access.
- Press the Home button again to return to the Home page.
These steps are provided on the iPad during this process as well.