(This list is not all-inclusive. It only shows those changes that will impact faculty the most. The date the updates will take place changes from month to month. You can expect the following updates to be in place by the end of the month.)
Grades – Exempt a learner from multiple grade items
The grade exemption workflow in Grades has been updated to allow instructors to exempt learners from multiple grade items at one time, through the use of multi-select check boxes.
SCORM – New Brightspace SCORM solution
A new SCORM solution is available for the Brightspace platform. This solution does not replace the original one, but is an alternative option. The new features and improvements include the following:
- Integrates a new, robust SCORM Engine and Content Player to support importing, playing, and tracking interaction data for all versions of SCORM.
- Basic search capabilities of an instructor’s own SCORM content.
- Static and dynamic linking of SCORM objects, and linking to multiple courses.
- Makes use of the new SCORM Engine to open and play SCORM objects in a new browser tab to optimize screen real estate, instead of objects playing inline as they do in the existing solution.
- Equivalent navigation between the Brightspace Learning Environment interface and the SCORM interface, and between versions 1.2 and 2004 of SCORM objects.
- Users are only marked for one attempt on the content when they open the SCORM object in full screen mode, instead of being marked for an additional attempt as they are in the existing solution. Additionally, SCORM objects in full screen no longer play over top of objects playing inline since in the new solution, SCORM objects automatically open and play in a new window.
- Has its foundation in the new Content Service, which provides standardized content access and management.
- Resides in AWS
The new SCORM solution still allows users to do the following:
- Instructors can import, export, and copy courses that include course content and SCORM objects, both SCORM 1.2 and 2004.
- Learners can play and interact with a course that includes course content and SCORM objects, both SCORM 1.2 and 2004.
- Instructors can view high-level interaction data for their SCORM objects. In the future, more detailed interaction data will be available.
Instructors can connect SCORM objects with grade items that automatically enter into a grade book, if that functionality is enabled within their instance.