Desire2Learn Quickstart – Covers email, announcements, roster, file upload, link sharing, and gradebook. You only need to go to 1 session.
- Tuesday, August 16 from 6:30-8:30 pm – Henderson Learning Center 108
- Wednesday, August 17 from 1:00-3:00 pm – Bennett Computer Center 102
- Friday, August 19 from 9:00-11:00 am – Bennett Computer Center 102
All full training the week of August 15 – 19 will take place in Henderson Learning Center Room 108. Come to any or all training sessions.
- Communication Tools Training – Covers Email, Classlist, Announcements, and Calendar
- Monday, August 15 from 10:00-11:30 am
- Content Tools Training – Covers creating modules, uploading and creating files, creating links, and release conditions
- Tuesday, August 16 from 10:00-11:30 am
- Assignment Tools Training – Covers creation and grading of Discussions and Assignments (formerly Dropboxes)
- Wednesday, August 17 from 10:00-11:30 am
- Quiz Tool Training – Covers creation and grading of Quizzes
- Thursday, August 18 from 10:00-11:30 am
- Grades Tool Training – Covers setup of gradebook and connecting Discussions, Assignments, and Quizzes to the gradebook
- Friday, August 19 from 1:00-2:30 pm
Sign-up is not required for any of these On-Campus Training sessions.
Everyone with a MyWashburn account has access to Desire2Learn. From My Home, select “Faculty D2L Training.” Faculty and students can also access “Student D2L Orientation.” All training materials are housed here.
If you feel you need more individual support or you are a new instructor and do not have your MyWashburn information yet, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.