We packed a lot in today. Too much to post tonight in detail, but here’s a quick preview:
- Breakfast at a waffel house! With BACON!
- A boat tour of the islands in Lake Nicaragua created by the erruption of Mombacho Volcano several thousand years ago. This included some amazing wildlife (MONKEYS!) and plants.
- Lunch at a cafe focused on providing employment to Nicaraguans who are blind, deaf and hard of hearing. Many of the youth who work there make hammocks, while others work in the cafe.
- And afternoon exploring the history of this colonial city, including museums and a church constructed in 1536.
- Dinner at a cultural cafe, including a show by children who live in a group home that teaches them circus acts.
Tomorrow we climb Mombacho!